Thursday, February 23, 2012

Embroidering on Stretch Jersey with Solvy

So 6 months in I'm finally doing what's expected of me and embroidering baby vests.... it's much harder than it looks.

I've got something called Solvy (water soluble stabiliser)  which is like a thin plastic that you can draw your design on, hoop up with your fabric and sew through. Then once you're done you dunk the thing in water and the Solvy dissolves! cool eh?

yea it's still not easy.... but this is what I'm going for.



once again, pinterest is my inspiration

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, Solvy sounds exciting! Although now I think of it, The Chap is now mostly in cotton Tshirts... You may have inspired me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.... I think this is really a great thing about the fashion. Really I am impressed from this post. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete