Thursday, September 29, 2011

You Are Witnessing the Birth of a Dress....

Its not a great picture, but it's not a great dress... yet...
this is the first draft of the first dress that I've designed, draped and made from NOTHING, the first attempt, the bodice was about 3 inches too high... I've just added some length to the straps and it looks a lot more like a proper dress...

So I need to lengthen the straps and redraft the armholes to match, I might change the back dart (it's a bit sack-like) I'm going to abandon the triangular panels at the waist as I don't think they add anything... it's be different if I was blocking it in different colours, but I've got some lovely patterned fabric that can speak for itself....

and, as you can see, it's boobie-feeding friendly... if I pull this off I should be able to put together a tutorial on how to modify a pattern to include a nursing panel... fun fun fun... anyhow... I'd better get going... Squiggle's asleep, must make the most of this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment