Thursday, February 24, 2011

Project Maternity has BEGUN!

Basically in the last couple of days I've decided enough is enough! I've been avoiding sewing clothes for the past 3 months because of my pregnancy. I've been treating maternity wear as this sort-of mystical magical thing and it's not! Just like sewing any garments it's about research, planning and thinking through the problems logically.

SO.... I'm making my own spring/summer wardrobe... I don't know yet how many garments this wardrobe will consist but I'm going for it... and I shall call it:

STAGE ONE! RESEARCH!!
I'm not looking at the bump-alteration business at the moment, I'm looking for patterns/styles that will (or can with slight modification) accommodate some belly... so that's things made out of jersey/stretch materials, wrap arounds, empire lines.
so first... from Burda Styles January issue.




 and from burdastyle's March issue:




 This Kaftan dress is particularly Maternalicious, check it out:

now... haahah I'm not EVER going to wear ANYTHING white... but look at that waist! ... tie back... expands until forever... this is the key to maternity sewing I think :-)




 In this issue they've even got things to make for babies, how perfect!


The next stage is... err editing! I seem to have found LOADS of patterns that will either work more-or-less how they are or with some alternation, I need to decide what garments are going to make it to the final line-up... how many garments I need... and then look at the fabrics out there and decide a colour scheme....

Am I brave or mad?

2 comments:

  1. I think this sounds amazing. Not only are you holding down a job, and coping being pregnant (i'm sure that's a job in itself) you're planning on making all your clothes for the coming months. That's impressive energy levels, good work!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks! it's definitly going to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete